One of the BEST Christian rappers on the music scene today who will bring you to your feet and your knees at the same time.
"Icris" (short for "I am a Christian") is a Christian Rap artist hailing from Ionia, Michigan who is using his unique gift of music, coupled with his amazing life story, to spread the message of the saving grace of Jesus Christ!
Icris delivers his music in its most sincerest form and he holds nothing back;
the raw truth that his life has been has made him the man he is today...
a dedicated messenger of the saving power of the Lord Jesus Christ!
Icris' childhood was nothing short of tragic, and the fact that he is still alive is nothing short of miraculous:
- Icris' father was a heroin addict.
- His mother was a heroin addict, as well as a stripper and a prostitute.
- Icris was molested as a child
- His mother turned Icris on to pot when he was just a kid. He eventually became a cutter.
- Icris soon become a drug dealer and thief, pulling guns on innocent people with the sole intent on taking their life. Period.
- Icris soon got hooked on the drug ecstasy, which eventually grew into a severe cocaine addiction.
- Drug addiction soon turned into 2 suicide attempts, 2 near-fatal drownings, several drug overdoses, being stabbed in the heart and lung (losing 2/3rds of all the blood in his body), 2 major car accidents, being thrown from a motorcycle, head first, into a concrete parking block (while wearing no helmet), and more.
- Eventually diagnosed severely bipolar with a personality disorder, Icris' drug problem became so serious, it led to a weekend cocaine and alcohol binge where he cleaned out his family's bank account and walked around waving a shotgun, just after cutting both of his wrists, blood pouring out of his arms.
At the same time, Icris also had a strange urge to make music. He started out making Hip-Hop music, complete with all the swear words, drug references and abusive lyrics towards women that he could put to a beat.
After a stint in rehab, and with the help of his wife, his neighborhood church and the saving grace of Jesus Christ, Icris became reborn and began to truly live for the very first time!
Following the miraculous transformation, being set free from all the addictions in his former life, Icris began giving his life back to God, starting with his passion for music!
Today, Christian rap star Icris has touched the lives of thousands of fans of all races and backgrounds through his incredible music. He travels extensively throughout the United States, teaching, preaching and singing about the love and forgiveness of God, through the use of his music and his many life stories.
Since the release of his first CD "Stereotype" in 2007, Icris has been able to grow his love for music into a worldwide "concert ministry", with CD sales, and saved souls, that numbers into the thousands. Icris' newest CD, "Why So Serious?", is capturing the ears, hearts and souls of fans all over the world. In this poignant CD, Icris tells the story of his tragic upbringing, and subsequent drug addiction and acts of violence, as well as the story of his miraculous transformation. The music of Icris is being featured in one of acclaimed director Joel Valleie's movies (Corazon De Campeon) and his music is receiving FM radio rotation all over the world, and is available for purchase on I-tunes and at select retailers.
Icris holds a degree in Biblical Studies and is the former Head of Jr. High Ministry for Resurrection Life Church in Ionia, Michigan.
He is also the Founder and Head of Ministry for Secret Society Music Ministries.
Copyright Equus Records. All rights reserved.